Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

I've Been Meaning to Mention...

Several months ago I did try to submit pictures to Shutterstock, when I was first learning about selling stock.  I submitted my first ten there rather naively, and only one was marked as 'acceptable.'  You have to have seven out of your first ten images approved before any will go up on the site.  Now that I have done more research into what makes a good stock photo, I am not at all surprised that the first batch I submitted (most of which were older photos from my small point-and-shoot digital camera, taken on camping trips, etc.) was not up to par! Shutterstock imposes a 30-day wait period before you may try to submit another batch for initial review, and though it has been much more than that since my first submission, I haven't had the courage to submit another batch.  I'd really like to take the time to put together a clean batch that I think will have a good shot at being accepted, rather than submitting casually.  But who knows? Maybe submitting the best I have every 30 days would be a better strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment